I decided to make a block print to give the new homemade carving gouges a test run, they worked extremely well. I could have done with an in between size gouge, which I have several of in my collection of bought carving chisels but I was determined to finish it with just the homemade gouges. I designed the print a couple of months ago on my iPad using Procreate, just haven't found the time to fit this in until now.
This is only the third block print I've done so it's still very much a learning process for me. I'm happy with the block, but I think i need to improve my printing technique and use some better paper (the paper I used was trash). I used mdf as it seems to be a widely used material for this process and I already had some in stock.
This video was intended to be published a day or so after my homemade gouges video as a sort of follow up but I've been extremely busy with other things this week so it's taken me until now. I'm going to try and get another video out in the next few days.
I hope you enjoy the video and as always I'm happy to answer any questions.
Check out my Instagram to see more of my work https://www.instagram.com/paskmakes/
Also you can check out my photography at my website (nothing to do with making but you may be interested in what I do) http://www.neilpaskin.com
MUSIC: www.hooksounds.com
Artist: Nicolai Heidlas
Title: Chase Your Dreams
This video published on 26 05 2017 - 23:03:44 Great video has been viewed 15410 times,many people likes this in the audience there are 820 likes, and somebody who hate this Video is: 8. This video is favorited by 0 people who interest about this video and has been commented on as many times 128 times, Videos that have this 4 Minute(s) 35 Second(s) Length, are in Category Howto & Style
Videos titled Block Printing - Hand Tools are Cool! are published by Channel Pask Makes with Channel ID UCNyGbxoEo6CQvaRVEvItxkA on 26 05 2017 - 23:03:44
Some Videos that Related Videos Block Printing - Hand Tools are Cool!
- 1940s Automatic Hand-Saw Set [Restoration]
This tool restoration is of a BeMaCo Rapid Saw Set from the late 1940s
I was surprised to find that most parts were made out of aluminum
This thing must have ... - Hand Tool Woodworking WorkBench - Wood By Wright Roubo English Hybrid Work Bench
Watch more hand tool fun here http://vid.io/xoYa The first video in the new bench build
This will be a Roubo bench with a skirt like a Nicholson bench or English ...
] - 1940s Automatic Hand-Saw Set [Restoration]
This tool restoration is of a BeMaCo Rapid Saw Set from the late 1940s
I was surprised to find that most parts were made out of aluminum
This thing must have ... -
No comments:
Write comments